The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches are subsequent generations of enterprise-class core and aggregation layer switches, supporting full serviceability and programmability. supported an x86 CPU, the Catalyst 9500 series is Cisco’s premier fixed-core and aggregation enterprise switching platform designed specifically for security, IoT, and therefore the cloud. The switches accompany a 4-core, 2.4GHz CPU, 16GB DDR4 memory, and 16GB internal storage.
The Catalyst 9500 Series is the industry’s first line of purpose-built 40 Gigabit Ethernet switches for the enterprise campus. These switches offer unmatched table scale (MAC/path / ACL) and buffering for business applications. The Cisco Switch Catalyst 9500 series includes non-blocking Quad Pluggable Small Form Factor and 1G / 10G Pluggable Plus (SFP / SFP +) Small Form Factor Switches with granular port densities to suit diverse campus needs.
The switches support advanced infrastructure and routing services (such as Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN Multiprotocol Label Switching [MPLS], Multicast VPN [MVPN], and Network Address Translation [NAT]); software-defined access border capabilities (such as a host tracking database, inter-domain connectivity, and VPN routing and forwarding [VRF] -aware Locator / ID Separation Protocol [LISP]); and virtualization of network systems with Cisco StackWise virtual technology that are critical to their location in the core of campus. The platform also supports all critical high availability capabilities like Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR), Cisco Nonstop Forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF / SSO), redundant platinum-rated power supplies, and fans.
The foundation of software-defined access
Advanced persistent security threats. The exponential growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices Mobility everywhere. Adoption of the cloud. All of this requires a network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks. The goal of this network fabric is to enable customer revenue growth by accelerating the deployment of business services.
The Cisco Digital Network Architecture with Software-Defined Access is the network fabric that powers businesses. It’s an open, extensible, software-driven architecture that speeds up and simplifies your business network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from repetitive and time-consuming network configuration tasks in order that they can specialize in innovation that positively transforms their business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from the edge to the cloud with critical capabilities. These include:
- Simplified device deployment
- Unified management of wired and wireless networks
- Network segmentation and virtualization
- Group-based policies
- Context-based analysis
Cisco Catalyst 9500 Featured Products
- Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) 2.0 application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) ready for next-generation technologies with its programmable pipeline, micromotor capabilities, and configurable mapping based on Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding templates, Access Control Lists (ACL), and QoS Entries.
- Intel x86 2.4GHz CPU with up to 120GB USB 3.0 SSD storage for container-based application hosting
- Up to 960 Gbps (IPv4) switching capacity with up to 1440 Mbps throughput
- Up to 24 non-blocking 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP ports
- Platinum rated AC power supplies
- Up to 512,000 Flexible NetFlow (FNF) entries in hardware
- Up to 32MB shared buffer per ASIC
- Up to 64,000 routing entries for high-end campus access and aggregation deployments
- Hardware IPv6 support, which provides wire-speed forwarding for IPv6 networks.
- Dual-stack support for IPv4 / IPv6 and hardware dynamic forwarding table mappings, to facilitate migration from IPv4 to IPv6
- Support for static and dynamic NAT and port address translation (PAT)
- Scalable routing tables (IPv4, IPv6, and multicast) and Layer 2 tables
- Open IOS-XE, a modern enterprise operating system with support for model-based programmability, built-in Python scripting, streaming telemetry, container-based application hosting, and patches for critical bug fixes. The OS also has built-in defenses to guard against runtime attacks.
- StackWise virtual technology, a network systems virtualization technology that increases operational efficiency and increases continuous communications and scaled system bandwidth.
Companies are looking for ways to transform their operations to add digital capabilities that improve service delivery and asset management. Cisco SD-Access provides this transformational change in network construction and management. Provides faster, easier, and improved business efficiency with investment protection for better business results. By decoupling network functions from hardware, SD-Access helps ensure policy compliance, enables you to launch new business services faster, and significantly improves troubleshooting times. At the same time, it is open and extensible and can significantly reduce your operating expenses.
Cisco SD-Access enables policy-based automation from the edge to the cloud with critical capabilities. These include simplified device deployment, unified management of wired and wireless networks, network virtualization and segmentation, group-based policies, and context-based analytics. With these fundamental features in situ, key use cases can now be orchestrated. These use cases include user mobility, secure segmentation, user policy and onboarding, IoT integration, guest access, context-based troubleshooting, and data center and cloud integration.
Cisco Enhanced Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty
Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches accompany an Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) that has Next Business Day Delivery (NBD) of replacement hardware when available and 90 days of Technical Assistance Center support Cisco (TAC) 8×5. Your formal warranty statement, including the warranty applicable to Cisco software, appears within the information package that accompanies your Cisco product. We recommend that you simply carefully review the warranty statement shipped together with your specific product before using it. Cisco reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty solution.